| Protect your office computers
|| Protect your point of sales computers
|| Protect your kids computers
| PREDATOR locks your PC when you are away, even if your Windows session is still opened.|
It uses a regular USB flash drive as an access control device, and works as follows:
- you insert the USB drive
- you run PREDATOR (autostart with Windows is possible)
- you do your work...
- when you're away from your PC, you simply remove the USB drive:
once it is removed, the keyboard and mouse are disabled and the screen darkens
- when you return back to your PC, you put the USB flash drive in place:
keyboard and mouse are immediately released, and the display is restored.
| PREDATOR helps to limit the time your kids spend on their computers:
- you define the times of day when each user may access the computer with the built-in scheduler
- you can make specific rules for each user and each day of the week
- out of authorized periods you can either lock the desktop, logoff the user or shutdown the computer ;
- or you can remove the flash drive to disable the computer for good.
Advanced Security Features:
| Protect several computers with a single flash drive
|| Limit computer access to specific times and days
|| Protect several accounts, each with its own flash drive
- PREDATOR can protect several PCs with the same USB flash drive, e.g. your home and office computers.
- PREDATOR can protect several user accounts on a PC, each one having its own settings and its own USB stick.
- PREDATOR can lock user accounts according to a hourly, daily or weekly schedule, each one with its own timetable.
- PREDATOR can send alert messages by Email.
- PREDATOR can take a picture of the person who tries to use your computer and attach it to an email or upload it to a remote server.
- PREDATOR records all security-related events in a log file: start, alarms, stop. By reading this log, you will know if intruders have tried to use your computer while you have been away.
- PREDATOR frequently changes the security codes recorded on your USB drive. If an intruder manages to copy your stick, this copy will not work because the codes on your own stick will have changed in the meantime.
- PREDATOR protects its own in-memory process. Nobody can stop it with Ctrl-Alt-Del.
- PREDATOR disables the CD Autorun feature in Windows, to prevent intruders from running malware on specially crafted CDs.
- PREDATOR lets you regain control of your computer if you lose your stick: when you start the software for the first time, you set a password that will unlock your session if your USB drive is not available.
- PREDATOR can sound an audible alarm if somebody enters an invalid password.
Current release: v220.127.116.11 - Nov 12, 2014