Version 220.127.116.112 published on Oct 29, 2017:
Version 18.104.22.1680 published on Feb 07, 2017:
Version 22.214.171.1245 published on Jan 16, 2017:
Version 126.96.36.1996 published on August 22, 2016:
* Home Edition: fixed software update notifications.
Version 188.8.131.526 published on June 21, 2016:
Version 184.108.40.2063 published on May 23, 2016:
Version 220.127.116.111 published on April 5, 2016:
Version 18.104.22.1688 published on March 21, 2016:
- Using the system's http proxy to detect new versions availability.
Version 22.214.171.1245 published on Feb 23, 2016:
Version 126.96.36.1990 published on Feb 1st, 2016:
- Keyboard activity detection: the sensitivity of the keyboard is configurable (in previous versions: activity was detected after 3 keystrokes).
- Alarm screen and sound: the number of invalid passwords which triggers an alarm is configurable (in previous versions: alarm was triggered after 3 failures)
* Professional Edition:
- Emails: when an event triggers an email (with or without attached snapshots) the name of this event is appended to the body of the message.
Version 188.8.131.520 published on Jan 20, 2016:
Version 184.108.40.2061 published on Jan 11, 2016:
* Professional Edition: fixed the Custom commands settings: the user-defined command line was properly recorded but did not show in the Preferences form.
Version 220.127.116.111 published on Dec 4, 2015:
- Fixed "USB flash drive write error" message when trying to register again a key that was already registered.
- Added an extra layer of protection to Predator.exe and other executable files.
Version 18.104.22.1682 published on Nov 6, 2015:
Version 22.214.171.1240 published on Oct 20, 2015:
- If you are installing the software on many computers, you can prepare many keys in advance with the Key Manager.
- Multimedia presentation protection. If you leave your computer unattended while running a slideshow or a demonstration video, PREDATOR can lock the keyboard and the mouse while the show is running to prevent any accidental interruption.
Version 126.96.36.1990 published on Sep 19, 2015:
- Fixed the Reset password functionality in the Administration tool.
Version 188.8.131.524 published on Aug 28, 2015:
Version 184.108.40.2062 published on Mar 3, 2015:
Version 220.127.116.115 published on Feb 20, 2015:
- Fixed the Scheduler window to enable the Save button as soon as you start editing a cell.
- Fixed the Stop/Resume monitoring item of the systray menu, which was sometimes disabled after saving changes in the Preferences window.
- Fixed a flash drive registration error which could happen under very unlikely circumstances on the first run of the software after a fresh installation.
- Improved the automated installation procedure to allow the replication of a settings/schedule template after installing an update of the software.
- Added a missing message in the non-english language files
Version 18.104.22.1686 published on Feb 1st, 2015:
- Fixed the FTP Remote directory path in the Advanced options: it is no longer required to add a '/' at the end.
- Published a new edition of the software: the Home Edition. It is like the Professional Edition with the Advanced options disabled, and it is cheaper.
- Changed the duration of the evaluation period. Now you get 10 days to test the software before buying.
- Ended the Free Edition.
Version 22.214.171.124 published on Nov 12, 2014:
- Fixed the security password processing in case it contains spaces.
- Improved flash drive integrity when several Predator drives are inserted simultaneously. It is not recommended to do that anyway.
- The Preferences form is now resizable.
Version 126.96.36.199 published on Oct 7, 2014:
- You can copy the settings of a user to another with the PREDATOR Administration tool. In previous versions you had to customize each user's settings with the Preferences form.
- You can perform automated installations on several computers. This feature is useful if you want to deploy the software on many computers.
Version 188.8.131.52 published on Sep 15, 2014:
Version 184.108.40.206 published on Aug 20, 2014:
Version 220.127.116.11 published on Jul 4, 2014:
If there are several user accounts in your computer, now you can define different Predator settings for each user.
When several user sessions are opened simultaneously Predator protects each of them with its own settings.
Snapshots, email messaging, ftp are easier to configure: new input fields have been added to the Preferences window.
A built-in scheduler limits the users sessions to the times of day you have selected in a weekly calendar.
You can define custom commands to be executed for all Predator events: run your own program when an alarm is raised, shutdown the PC, etc.
Predator can use any type of flash drives, even those that Windows sees like fixed disks (mostly from SanDisk).
You can choose a background picture that Predator will display when your desktop is locked, instead of a black screen.
The Predator process is protected and cannot be killed anymore by system utilities.
Version 18.104.22.1684 published on Dec 15, 2011:
Version 22.214.171.1242 published on Dec 8, 2011:
Enabled Twitter notifications in Free Edition.
PREDATOR is available in 5 languages: english, french, german, italian, spanish.
Version 126.96.36.1995 published on Mar 27, 2011:
Version 188.8.131.529 published on Sep 17, 2010:
Version 184.108.40.2064 published on Aug 23, 2010:
Fixed bug which prevented the Predator ACE service from starting if first character of user name was 'n' or 'r'.
Version 220.127.116.111 published on Jun 28, 2010:
New Czech translation.
Version 18.104.22.1686 published on May 31, 2010:
Version 22.214.171.1243 published on May 20, 2010:
Version 126.96.36.1997 published on May 17, 2010:
Version 188.8.131.523 published on May 10, 2010:
PREDATOR can disable the Autorun functionality in Windows when you lock your session.
Dutch language translation.
Version 184.108.40.2066 published on Apr 6, 2010:
Bug fix: Fixed "Always required" option in Preferences / Password.
Version 220.127.116.118 published on Mar 15, 2010:
Version 18.104.22.1686 published on Mar 12, 2010:
This version is compatible with all 64-bit editions of Windows.
The logs can be exported either as a plain text file, or as a CSV file (CSV files can be loaded in any spreadsheet or database program).
Version 22.214.171.1248 published on Feb 8, 2010:
Predator v2 uses the Dot.Net Framework v3.5 SP1. This change was required to fix compatibility issues reported with Windows 7 64-bits.
Most visible differences with previous version are located in the Preferences form. The GUI has now a black/orange style instead of the Windows default style, and several important features have been added.
Version 126.96.36.199 published on Oct 31, 2009:
Version 1.3.4 published on Oct 29, 2009:
The password dialog has been improved
Support for Russian and Spanish language has been added.
If somebody has tried to use your PC, PREDATOR automatically opens the Log window and shows the failed access attempts.
Version 1.2 published on Sep 12, 2009:
Mouse cursor is now invisible when desktop is locked;
Added Chinese and Italian languages; thanks to Creaman and Rocco for providing these translations.
Version 1.1.1 published on Sep 1, 2009:
Thanks to Zaq from Australia for reporting this bug.
Version 1.1 published on Aug 18, 2009:
All windows minimized when locking desktop, see corresponding option in Settings;
All desktop icons hidden when locking desktop, see corresponding option in Settings
Windows Vista Start button hidden when locking desktop;
Updated License agreement.
Version 1.0.6 released to testers on Jun 15, 2009:
Version 1.0.5 published on Jun 5, 2009:
Version 1.0.4 published on Apr 26, 2009:
Version 1.0.3 published on Apr 24, 2009:
Version 1.0.2 published on Apr 23, 2009: